Cheesy, vegan pesto pasta
Remember our Glow Bowl from many summers ago? We're giving this healthy, vitamin packed rice bowl a major twist, making it cheesier and more comforting - whilst still keeping all the benefits!
- 2 bunches of rocket leaves
- Juice from half a lemon
- Half a cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Our B12 fortified Nutritional Yeast (click here to buy)
- Gluten-free pasta of your choice (we love Profusion's green pea penne!)
- Salt to taste
- Pine nuts (optional)
- Boil the pasta according to the instructions on the box, add a splash of oil to the boiling water to stop it from sticking
- While the pasta is boiling, add the rocket, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt into a nutribullet and blend together. Add more olive oil if needed, so that the sauce is a nice thick texture
- When the pasta has cooked, drain it and add the pesto sauce
- Mix in the pine nuts (optional)
- Add to a plate and top with nutritional yeast for a cheesy, nutty flavour
TIP - You can make this into a pasta salad, just wait for it to cool and mix in your favourite veggies. We love cherry tomatoes, diced cucumber and some spinach leaves!